Kilham Hall Groundbreaking
In 1926 John Edgar Park succeeded Samuel Valentine Cole as president of Wheaton College. During the first decade of Park’s presidency, he continued the plans for the college by completing the Court of Honor designed by President Cole and Ralph Adams Cram. He began with the construction of a new dormitory, Kilham Hall, in 1932, followed quickly by Hebe Parlors and New Metcalf Hall (1933). After the construction of the Administration Building (Park Hall) in 1934, the Court of Honor was complete. Here, Arthur E. Cutler, Manager of Grounds & Buildings, stands beside the steamshovel.